Saturday, January 7, 2012

Dance Party 2012

I missed writing yesterday, but with good reason. I mixed my run in with baking cupcakes. Snickers cupcakes at that. With caramel buttercream frosting. They were amazing. No, really. This is not a picture of mine, but mine were every bit as beautiful as these made by my sweet friend Elizabeth Ann (www.elizabethannsrecipebox.com):
I was making them for a friend's going away party since he leaves for the Air Force tomorrow. I made 2 dozen (though it wouldn't have been able to serve everyone who came to his party!! So well loved!!) and I put them in cake pans and headed out the door. However, I tried to carry them outside in my 3 tins and of course I dropped them. It was literally one of the saddest things you could ever imagine. I watched in slow motion as they tumbled to the floor. Chocolate, Caramel, Peanutty goodness, lying helpless on the ground to be trampled forever. Not only that, but it was the first time I have ever used a piper to put the frosting on the cupcakes so they were picture perfect! TRAGIC. That's the story of how I counter acted my run yesterday (which did happen) by eating 2 cupcakes without the frosting (if the frosting is damaged...just scrape it off!) (also: there were 7 undamaged cupcakes and they went to the party and were enjoyed.

NOW...on to today:
First and foremost, I came home last night to an apartment of 80 degrees. I think my sequencer is out on my heat so I had to shut it off manually. Long story short, I fell asleep around 4 am. However, my body was wide awake and ready to samba with my friend Clara this morning. Our mission was clear: burn off calories before brunch. And burn we did!

Workout: Zumba with Robby
How I Felt During: energetic. surprisingly! Oh, and sweaty.
Music: The oh so subtle "Bumpy Ride" by Momhambi or something...Jai Ho, DJ Got Us Falling In Love, Party Rock Anthem, um, and others
How I Felt After: Thirsty...and energetic!

I know, it's surprising but I have a lot of energy. I love to dance and I think that Zumba classes feed my inner back up dancer. I'm shocked I haven't been asked to go on the road with Britney, but I'm sure the time is coming.

Showing up this morning with Clara, I realized that although I have only been to this gym 2 times before, I already recognize friendly faces and have things to talk about with people. Revel is a very friendly place! I think Clara thinks I didn't pay attention on the day in elementary school when we were taught not to talk to strangers, and she's probably right.

The work out when I'm not doing toning is awesome. It's just dancing. Pretty basic dance moves, but even when you can't catch on, the goal is just to keep moving! Even if you aren't on point, no one is watching you and moving your feet and arms WILL burn calories. You will feel the burn sooner or later. I wasn't feeling it at first today, but by song 3 I was in it to win it! I counted down the minutes until Clara and I could brunch, and realized how much more fun it is to have a good friend with you in class. We were able to giggle about the dance moves for the rest of the day. And we probably listened to the classy ballad "Bumpy Ride" 4-6 times today in my car as we drove around town doing Heaven Knows What. Great day!

Tomorrow is a rest day...I am one week through with my 52 week challenge. So far, so good :)

1 comment:

Loralu said...

YOU GO---MISS CARRIE!!!! I am impressed and will be watching! By the way--we've all done the spill it in the floor thing--MAKES ONE SICK!!