Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 2 (well, really day 1 of working out)

So, here it is. I have hyped this up so I better not blow it. New Years Resolution is to try new workouts...in fact to try a new one every two weeks.

I didn't mention this the other day, but I'm also going to run a 5K in March (if anyone has a suggestion of one I should run let me know!)

Today's workout: Couch 2 5K day one
How I Felt During: Amazing (I've started this before and today wasn't hard)
Music: Michelle Branch, Sia (Clap Your Hands), Elizabeth & the Catapults (Race You)
How I Felt After: sweaty, but a walk outside in the 20 degree weather helped!

Today I ran. Well, more accurately I walked with some running peppered in. My goal is to run my 5k in 10 minute miles. Listen, I am not a runner. If anyone has looked at me lately you know that I am just well rounded in more ways than one (see what I did there?). But, I would like to be able to run. How convenient! Also, can we discuss how amazing my legs looked before I ran my 5k November 2010? I will post a picture:

They looked good. And I knew it. I am trying to love my body as it is (this isn't about weight loss...that's the wrong thing to focus on), but I think I would love my body a lot more if I had those legs again.

With this in mind, I ran today. Like the wind. I inspired myself by turning on the Fiesta Bowl in the background. As the Oklahoma State Cowboys ran the field, my little out of shape body couldn't help but run with them. Then, when the lady on my iphone said I was done I did some lunges. Yep, I go for gold.

I feel great today, but tomorrow or the next day I may not be as lucky! Anyone have tips for pushing through the pain? Tomorrow: I Zumba.

No comments: