Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Run #2

So it's a running day, and today I did it before heading out to do work. I have Bible Study tonight so I felt it was only appropriate.

Today's Workout: Couch 2 5K day 2 (run 45 seconds, walk 60, run 45, walk 90)
How I felt During: Fine, though my glutes are a little sore...I just keep envisioning the fat falling off
Music: "Tongue Tied" by Grouplove (thanks Peter!), "We Found Love" by Rihanna, "Clap Your Hands" by Sia (I really like this song), and some LFMAO guilty pleasures
How I Felt After: Well, good...but sweaty (again) and I would have done some lunges, but there were other people in the apartment gym.

So I finished day 2. I have to admit that it's hard to celebrate week 1 day 2 when I realize I have so much further to go in the quest to run a 5K in 30 minutes! Today was easy, and I know it will get harder. However, I'm trying to remind myself that there's a reason why you start slow. So, I will continue to go between 6.0 and 4.0 for my runs/walks until I am running more than walking.

There were two people that walked into the gym today when I was working out...usually I just go so that I can be alone in the gym. I think my biggest hindrance in getting fit is insecurity of being around other people when I work out. I don't like for people to see me sweat...and jiggle. I tried to remember what it was like last night though and remember that most people are more concerned about themselves when they work out. Maybe I just need some inspiration pictures to look out while I'm working out. Everyone starts a little jiggly. (Maybe Will Smith really meant that we're all getting jiggly wit it?)

I know it's week 1, but this project is already getting me excited for the year. I don't want to spoil the fun, but I found some really fun work out classes for this year! Go Team!

3 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

PROPS sister! I am so proud of you and your legs:)

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Also, lest we forget: the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

carrie b. said...

Thanks CamiSosa! Love you, dear friend! Thanks for encouraging me to blog :)